Academic Freedom and the Turkish Turmoil: Symposium on Academic Freedom in Turkey.
The symposium will be held on Thursday, 25 August, 2016, at 13-17 in the lecture hall Porthania II (Yliopistonkatu 3) in Helsinki. It will be simultaneously streamed online, welcome to listen to the speeches online wherever you are situated in the world!
Please share the link below in your own networks!
Online video streaming:
- 13:00 Opening words: Academic freedom and autonomy
Chancellor Thomas Wilhelmsson, University of Helsinki
13:20 KEYNOTE: Quo Vadis Turkey?
Professor Umut Özkirimli, University of Lund
14:00 Turkey, EU and the narratives of emancipation: a reality check
Senior Research Fellow Toni Alaranta, the Finnish Institute of International Affairs
14:30 Putschists vs. Populists
Professor Mahmut Mutman, University of Tampere
15:00-15:30 Coffee Break
- 15:30-16:30 PANEL:
- Panel discussion Chair: Research director Juhana Aunesluoma, University of Helsinki
- Research Fellow Halil Gürhanli, University of Helsinki
- Professor Hannu Juusola, University of Helsinki
- Research Fellow Johanna Vuorelma, University of Warwick